These are my family’s go-to dessert when are guests are coming over. What is nice about them is that they are very child-friendly. Profiteroles are sure to please, and can be customized to appear more complex and decadent, depending on the eater’s taste.
While they look quite complicated, they are easy to make. You’ll want to make sure to get ice cream, and desired toppings to finish off this sweet treat.
Recipe will make 12 puffs large, 36 small puffs.
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs, unbeaten
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Bring water, vegetable oil and salt to a boil in a sauce pan.
3. Remove sauce pan from heat and add flour & salt.
4. Stir mixture until it forms a ball.
5. Let it cool for a bit, as to not cook eggs.
6. Add eggs, one at a time.
7. Incorporate each egg into the mixture well.
8. Spoon the dough onto the baking sheet. (No need to grease the sheet. The oil in the dough is enough.)
a scant ¼ cup for 12 large puffs
1 rounded tablespoon for 36 small puffs.
9. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
10. Let puffs cool on wire rack for at least one hours.
11. Cut in half, put a scoop of ice cream in between the top of bottom, then add chocolate sauce and whipped cream on top!